Saturday, August 23, 2008

Book Slam: The Green Glass Sea

fdsdd


The Green Glass Sea
y
By Ellen Klages
Fiction/Science Fiction
sgh
sdshsghdf
Teaser

Suze unfolded the top of the bag. Dewey started to say something, started to shake her head no, then shrank away from the protest like a turtle pulling it's head back toward its shell. Suze reached in and picked up a book, riffling the pages with her thumb.
"The Boy Mechanic." she said, snickering. "Why do you have that?"
"They didn't make one for girls," Dewey replied.

dffdgffg
Slam
gshsdh
Okay, I'm surprised I even bought this book. But what surprises me more is the fact that it won the Scott O'Dell Award. I myself don't find this book capable of any award. I kept trying so hard to read this book, and it was just so boring. Finally picking it up was torture. The book seemed very monotone, the characters, story, and descriptions all very generic. This author was being, well, generically creative. What I mean is that if some kid turned it in for a 9th grade English paper, everyone would be amazed. But everyone would be so much more amazed if it were actually published, for different reasons. Over all, don't waste you time or money on this book.

fgdgdfg

No comments: