Saturday, August 23, 2008

Uglies

f

Uglies
dfg
By Scott Westerfield
Science Fiction/Adventure/Romance
*****
gfddfgsf
gfd
Teaser
fgffd
Tally is about to turn sixteen, and she can't wait. Not for her license-for turning pretty. In Tally's world, your sixteenth birthday brings an operation that turns you from a repellent ugly into a stunningly attractive pretty and catapults you into a high-tech paradise where your only job is to have a really great time. In just a few week Tally will be there.
fgfdgf
But Tally's new friend Shay isn't sure she wants to be pretty. She'd rather risk like on the outside. When Shay runs away, Tally learns about a whole new side of the pretty world- one that isn't very pretty. The authorities offer Tally the worst choice she can imagine: find her friend and turn her in, or turn pretty at all. The choice Tally makes changes her world forever.
fgffgf
fgfgfg
Review
gffgf
When I first bought this book, I thought it sounded kind of superficial and weird. When people told me about it, I always thought it sounded just kind of like your average future book. But this book ended up being really good. I was amazed that i was instantly pulled into the book once I had read chapter one. What I really liked about this book is it's just not like hearing a story, even though it's in third person. It seems amazingly real, every human part of Tally just hits home with the reader. This book takes you on a wild, futuristic adventure and leaves you gasping, awaiting more. At first I was reluctant to give it five stars, but for the type of book it is, I definitly think Uglies deserves it.

1 comment:

pookieface :] said...

i read up to Specials.. and i really like that series! i love how they incorporate the whole government thing into it too.