Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sherlock Holmes


The Complete Sherlock Holmes

By Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Mystery
****
blah
"Elementary, my dear Watson."
blah
blah
Teaser
blah
Eccentric, arrogant, and ingenious, Sherlock Holmes remains the world's most popular and influential fictional detective. In four novels and fifty-six short stories, Holmes, with his trusted friend Dr. Watson, steps from his comfortable quarters at 221B Baker Street into the swirling fog of London. Combining detailed observation with brilliant deduction, Homes rescues the innocent, confounds the guilty, and solves the most perplexing puzzles crime has to offer.
blah
Review
blah
I enjoyed Sherlock Holmes, and I found that it was a really good break from extremely singular genres such as romance or science fiction. I liked the short story format because I could just browse through the book at my leisure. I also enjoyed the novels, they provided more elaborate stories. Holmes is a character that is impossible not to like, either for his wit or his cunning. The crimes are also interesting because you can try to solve them as the story goes, like most mysteries. Over all, Sherlock Holmes was a very well rounded book, and for people who enjoy adventure, mystery, and reading late into the night, this is a great book.

No comments: