Friday, May 30, 2008

Twilight

Twilight
Stephenie Meyer
Fiction / Romance
*****


""Bella." His fingers lightly traced the shape of my lips. "I will stay with you - isn't that enough?" I smiled under his fingertips. "Enough for now."

He frowned at my tenacity. No one was going to surrender tonight. He exhaled, and the sound was practically a growl.

I touched his face. "Look," I said. "I love you more than everything else in the world combined. Isn't that enough?"

"Yes, it is enough," he answered smiling. "Enough for forever." And he leaned down to press his cold lips once more to my throat.



Teaser
About three things I was absolutely positve.
First, Edward was a vampire.
Second, there was a part of him - and I didn't know how potent that part might be - that thirsted for my blood.
And Third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him...


Review
Let me start out by saying that this is the best book ever written. Actually, no... I enjoyed Eclipse (the third novel in the series) even more, but thats beside the point. Twilight is perfect combination of action, romance, and fiction. The characters are so amazingly well developed that I found myself lost in their emotions every time I picked this book up. Many people are turned off of this book because of it's steryotype as a "vampire-love-story", but these are no regular vampires. These ones have morals. They care enough for humanity to curve their malicious appetites and live a more "vegatarian lifestyle", as they put it.
Yes. This book is about an age-less vampire who is desperately smitten with a human. But this book is also a beautifully woven tale of true love and the struggles we are willing to endure to make sure that it lasts... in this case, quite literally... Forever.
I highly recommend this book for people of all ages. It's an incredible page turner. I finished it in a day.

No comments: